I just pushed a major update to my MacRuby book.
If you already purchased an electronic copy (thank you!), go to your product page and download an update. Note that if you are on an iPhone or iPad and you click on the .epub link, the file will automatically load in iBooks, same thing if you have the kindle app installed and you are clicking on the .mobi file.
If you haven’t purchased an electronic version yet, you can still read the book in HTML format here. If you choose to do so, please still think about leaving a review on the O’Reilly site to show your support to myself and to my publisher.
What’s new in this update?
- I refactored the introduction to the book, you know have a new Chapter 2 which introduces you to GUI app development and lets you build a full app right away to give you an idea of what is available.
- Chapter 3 covers more advanced concepts and was updated to reflect changes made on trunk.
- The chapter on Core Data is now almost done, I will soon push an update with the end of the chapter, but between the chapter content and the example app, you should be good to go today.
- GitHub repo with the code used in the book. (work in progress, I need to move more code there)
- The book is now divided in two parts, one more theoretical and more practical. Even if part 2 isn’t written yet, the table of contents shows some of the examples I will cover. I hope to have some of these chapters written in a few weeks.
- Lots of small fixes and updates thanks to the readers comments and to my editor.
Finally if you are interested in pre-ordering the book, Amazon runs a great deal on the book:
Thank you for your support!